Macadamia and Coconut Crusted Mahi Mahi With Pineapple Salsa
photo by Sommer Clary
- Ready In:
For the salsa
- 1 whole pineapple
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 serrano chili, minced
- 1 cup cilantro leaf, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- freshly ground black pepper
For the fish
- 1 cup roasted and salted macadamia nut
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons shredded coconut
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 mahi mahi fillets (about 6 oz each)
- To make the salsa, prepare the pineapple by slicing off the top and the bottom, and cutting off the sides to remove all of the skin. Cut the peeled pineapple into 4 sections lengthwise, and remove the woody core in the middle. Dice the pineapple into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Combine the diced pineapple with the remaining salsa ingredients and set aside.
- In a food processor, finely grind the macadamia nuts. Mix well with the breadcrumbs and coconut.
- Heat the butter and olive oil over medium/ medium-high heat. Dip the mahi mahi fillets in the egg mixture, then coat well with the nut mixture. Fry for about 3-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and crispy on the outside.
- Top with the pineapple salsa.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!