Low Fat Hash Browns Casserole
A breakfast casserole for those of us who should avoid the regular high fat sort.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3 (4 ounce) cartons egg substitute or 6 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 10 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped or 1 cup diced ham
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Combine eggs, evaporated milk, salt and black pepper in large bowl. Add potatoes, cheese, onion, bell pepper and ham; mix well. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until set.
- * May substitute Evaporated Milk for Evaporated Fat Free Milk.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a really easy go-to breakfast casserole for me to whip up the night b/f and throw in the oven first thing in the a.m. I used EggBeaters for the eggs and fried bacon for the meat part. Perfect. Liked the addition of the hashbrowns as opposed to some of mine that I make with a crust. Glad I tagged for 123 HitWonders.Reply
I made this on a Sunday morning for a church breakfast, so I would have something to eat. I used one 15 oz carton of Egg Beaters Southwestern Style, and a 30 oz. package of Southwestern Style frozen hash browns. I left out the salt, pepper, onion, and green pepper. I mixed everything together and baked it while I got ready for church. It turned out great! Not dry at all. No leftovers either. It might help to make sure not to thaw the hash browns prior to preparing. Thanks so much for the recipe, Annacia!Reply
see 4 more