Cheesy Ham Hash Browns Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 (2 lb) package frozen hash brown potatoes (thawed)
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced ham (chopped)
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of potato soup
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated parnesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, ham, potato soup, sour cream and cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven until sauce is browned and top is browned, about 60 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Join The Conversation
Just made this today to go with my Easter ham. I really enjoyed the cheesiness that came from the parmesan cheese topping. Rather than 2 cans of potato soup, I used one can of mushroom soup I had in the house along with one can of cream of chicken soup. I also used greek yogurt in lieu of the sour cream, and probably closer to 12 oz. Very flavorful!
This is my go-to recipe when it's my turn to bring food to Sunday School. So easy. I mix it up the night before and bake it while I'm getting ready. Always a hit and the men in the class are always excited whenever they see it sitting on the table. Everyone goes back for seconds. Never any left. I always pair it with something sweet like cream cheese square and fruit. Can't go wrong with this recipe.
This recipe was so GOOD!!!! I made if for dinner tonight with a side of scrambled eggs and all 8 family members loved it!!! The only thing I did different was add a little more than a pound of ham. Since it was a dinner dish for tonight, I wanted it to be meaty. I usually like more cheese to those recipes that call for cheese, but since everyone loved it as it is, I will leave it alone. Thank you for posting this tasty recipe!! Now I'm off to add this recipe to my cookbook.