Cheesy Hash Browns Casserole
photo by mydesigirl
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 lb frozen hash brown potatoes
- 4 slices cooked bacon, well browned and crumbled
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of onion soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can warm water
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix soup and water. Add hash browns, onion, and 1 cup of cheddar cheese. Mix well.
- Transfer to 1 9x13" baking dish and top with rest of the cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 40 to 45 minutes. Top with bacon and chopped chives or green onion tops.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a Yankee transplant to the low country. My mom was English, so my cooking style reflects this. My favorite cookbook was McCall's Cookbook which is no longer in print. I've been married to a gourmand for 41 years, so I get lots of practice cooking. We have three daughters that I share recipes with and seven grandchildren -- none old enough to cook yet, but I think we have some budding chefs!</p>