Low-Carb Crab Cakes
This recipe is adapeted from Old Bay Seasonings recipe.
- Ready In:
- 2 (6 ounce) cans fancy white crab meat, drained
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- low-carb ketchup, and
- mayonnaise, for sauce
- Pick over the crab meat for pieces of shell, etc.
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- (Except for Ketchup and mayonnaise for sauce.) Form into 4 patties.
- Pan fry in oil over medium to medium-high heat in large non-stick skillet, Cook approximately 3 minutes on the first side before flipping for the first time.
- Cook 3 minutes more on other side.
- Continue cooking until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve with lowcarb ketchup and mayonnaise that has some old bay seasoning mixed into it.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
These were just what I was looking for, thank you so much! I didn't feel like going through the fuss of my usual crab cakes recipe and since you have never let me down gave yours a try. As expected they came out perfect! the only changes I made were to use fresh crab, add about 3 tablespoons of finely chopped shallots, 2 tablespoons of fresh chopped parsley, and gave the cakes a light coating of bread crumbs. I gave them a quick browning in a saute pan with butter and then popped them in the oven for about 10 minutes. (4)
These are fantastic! I was out of Italian style bread crumbs so I subbed three cheese with no ill effects. I browned them per directions them finished them off in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes. A generous squeeze of fresh lemon was all they really needed, but a light pink sauce is quite good as well. The flavor in these crab cakes is outstanding and I will make them again.