Lola's Pecan Butterscotch Bars
- Ready In:
- Cream butter with brown sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Mix well, then gradually work in flour.
- Spread mixture in ungreased 9"x13" pan.
- Brush with 1 beaten egg or 1/4 cup egg beaters.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup brown sugar and 1 cup chopped pecans. I have also made with walnuts and macadamias, but prefer pecans.
- Bake at 350 degrees (or convection at 333 degrees) for 20-25 minutes, until well browned and set.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am the mom of three sons, the oldest of which is away at collage. I love to cook and love hunting through this website for new recipes to try! Although not actually a vegetarian, most of my cooking is meatless as I have never been particularly fond of handling meat. The last couple years I have been branching out into vegan cooking and have found some yummy recipes here. Fortunately, my boys are game to try new stuff, and are probably the only kids among their friends to request things like lentil loaf or seitan stew for dinner! I am very lucky to have a hubby who likes to garden as much as I like to cook, and he keeps me well supplied with fresh veggies and herbs--obviously the ideal symbiotic relationship! Living in Hawaii, the growing season is pretty much year round, so we're pretty spoiled that way.