Lima Bean Spread / Dip
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cups frozen lima beans, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons coarsley chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- coarse sea salt (to garnish) (optional)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and saute until translucent, 3-5 minute Add the beans, peas broth and salt. Reduce heat to low and simmer about 5 minute Drain, reserving the remaining liquid.
- While the mixture is still warm, puree in a food processor. Slowly drizzle in remaining olive oil while pureeing. Add parsley, lemon juice, rosemary and black pepper and continue to puree. Adjust the consistency with the reserved liquid if needed. The spread should be thick but spreadable.
- Transfer to a bowl, add the cheese, and mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate at least 30 minute before serving. Garnish with sea salt if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!