Light Pineapple Mousse
A friend gave me this recipe. It was based on a Weight Watchers recipe. It's a sweet dessert that the whole family loved This recipe is not lactose free but can be made gluten free if you use GF ingredients
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 200 g canned pineapple chunks, canned in natural juice
- 1⁄2 cup reserved pineapple juice, from the canned pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (11 g) packet sugar-free pineapple jelly crystals (jello crystals)
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup light cream cheese
- Refrigerate the evaporated milk to make it as cold as possible.
- Combine the juice, water and jelly crystals. Microwave for one minute, stir and leave to cool.
- Pour the evaporated milk into a small mixing bowl and beat until very thick. Add the cream cheese and continu beating.
- Gradually add the jelly and continue to beat until the mixture is very thick.
- Fold in the pineapple pieces.
- Place the mousse into 4 individual serving dishes and refrigerate for about an 1 1/2 or until set.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Ya mon, calling for all pineapple lovers! I used the whole 3 ounce box (or 85 grams) of Island Pineapple gelatin and 1 cup of pineapple juice (no water) as I buy the snack sizes all the time (we frequently drink pineapple juice instead of orange juice). This made 7 nice sized servings. I garnished ours with----what else more pineapple! Served with Recipe#295459, Recipe#237207, and Recipe#166409. Thanks **Jubes** for sharing a bit of pineapple heaven with us. Made "while cruising" the Caribean during ZWT5 with the Chow Hounds.