Ww 6 Pt. Famous Spaghetti Pie
This is a slightly modified version of the classic Weight Watchers recipe that using the spaghetti as the crust! It's yummy and great with a side salad. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces spaghetti, cooked and drained (do not rinse)
- 1⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon butter (yes butter!)
- 1 tablespoon reduced fat parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes or 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced (use your favourite kind)
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped (green onions are fine)
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 1⁄2 ounces reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, grated
- In large bowl, toss together spaghetti, egg substitute, 2 teaspoon olive oil, Parmesan cheese and parsley; set aside.
- In large nonstick frying pan, heat last 2 teaspoons of oil; add beef and saute for 2 minutes, breaking up chunks. Add bell pepper and scallions. Cook, stirring, 4-5 minutes, until vegetables are tender and beef is no longer pink. Stir in remaining ingredients except mozzarella cheese; simmer 5-6 minutes, until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and stir in 1 ounce of the mozzarella.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray a 10" pie plate with nonstick spray; spread spaghetti mixture on plate, lining bottom and pressing up sides to form the crust. Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese; bake 15 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION