Lemon Mousse--Weight Watchers
photo by Bonnie G 2
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Dissolve jello in hot water and then add lemon juice and 7-Up.
- Refrigerate mixture till firm; then beat at high speed with hand mixer for 5 minutes.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Place in jello mold (or 1/2-cup containers), and refrigerate till ready to serve.
- LIME MOUSSE: Substitute lime-flavored jello and unsweetened lime juice for the lemon.
- LEMON & LIME MOUSSE: Use 1 pkg. each of lemon and lime jello and 1/4 cup each of lemon juice and lime juice.
- CRANBERRY MOUSSE: Substitute cranberry jello and unsweetened cranberry juice for the lemon.
- MOUSSE PARFAIT: If you want to make a "fancy" dessert, try this: Make separate lemon mousse and a lime mousse according to recipe, then alternate layers of each in a parfait glass, top with whipped topping and sprinkle with lemon and lime zest.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Light, creamy and oh so good, enjoyed by everyone and by me as it was on plan, with the new plan I calculated at 2 points still well within my point allowance. I did only have one box of lemon so used orange as my 2nd box and come out tasting like an orange creamsicle. Can just imagine how good other flavors would also be
This is a GREAT dessert! I added 8 packets of splenda w/fiber to sweeten it to suit my taste buds. The final product was 10 cups---my calculations showed that it was a little less than a point per cup. Hmmmmm---I can't help but wonder what this would be like in strawberry? I will let you know once I find out! Thanks Mimi!!!