Lentil and Portabella Mushroom Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Saved by Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb portabella mushroom, stems removed, caps coarsely chopped
- 1 cup canned tomato, chopped, with their juices
- 1 cup dried brown lentils, picked over and rinsed
- 5 cups low-fat chicken stock (recipe #329596) or 5 cups vegetable stock, preferably homemade ($notetemplate1$)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat the oil in a 4-quart pot over med-high heat; add in onion; cook/stir until begins to soften, 2-3 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms; continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until they soften and begin to release their liquid, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, lentils, and broth; bring to a boil.
- Decrease heat to low, cover pan and simmer until soup has thickened and lentils are tender, about 1 hour.
- Season to taste w/ salt, stir in parsley, and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note