Lemon Yogurt Cream Pie
- Ready In:
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar (or equivalent sugar substitute)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 12 ounces fat-free lemon yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 (8 ounce) carton whipped topping, frozen, reduced-fat, thawed
- 1 (8 inch) reduced fat graham cracker crust
- In a microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water & let stand for 1 minute before microwaving, uncovered, on high for 20 seconds.
- Stir in sugar substitute & lemon juice, then add yogurt & lemon zestl, mixing well.
- Fold in whipped topping, then spoon this filling into the crust.
- Cover & refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Very yummy and lemony! I used regular granulated sugar, but I have to say that this pie was not very sweet at all, and retained a nice tartness from the lemon juice. I made this in the morning for dinner in the evening, and it was perfect. I could not find the right pie crust, but I did find a granola crust (with no trans fat) that was delicious! I served this with a small dollop of whipped cream on top. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!
Oh, this was torture for me! It was very hard to wait for it overnight. I might not do that next time and I 'll serve in glasses instead of turning it into a pie( I had to make the crust myself). So , I found another lemon recipe that I'll make a lot! I added more zest and juice, but that's just my taste and I had only plain yogurt. Thanks Syd!