Lemon Snowdrift Bars
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows (white is preferred)
Lemon Buttercream Icing
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 cups icing sugar (confectioners)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk or 1 tablespoon cream
- For Base:.
- Melt butter over low heat in medium saucepan.
- Add beaten eggs, sugar and coconut.
- Cook over very low heat, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Add graham crumbs and nuts and stir to combine.
- Fold in marshmallows.
- Spread in a buttered 9 inch square pan.
- Chill until firm, about 45 minutes, then frost with Icing.
- Lemon Buttercream Icing:.
- In medium bowl, beat butter until soft and fluffy with hand mixer.
- Alternately blend in sugar and lemon juice gradually.
- Add milk or cream and continue beating until icing is white and creamy.
- You may need to add a little more lemon juice to get the right consistency. You want a fairly thick, but spreadable, creamy icing.
- Spread icing on cooled base.
- Refrigerate another 30 minutes until icing is set, and cut into 1 inch squares.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am soon to be married to my best friend, and we both consider ourselves "foodies". We enjoy good food, and I love to try and recreate dishes that I try while we've been out to eat. I love to cook, and am usually quite good at it, thanks to my mom who taught me well. We love to travel, and I'm not usually afraid to try new foods. We enjoy spending time at our lakeside cottage with friends and family also.