Lemon Lust Dessert
When this is done right, it is unforgettable and highly desired by all who try it. If you don't get it quick, usually there isn't any left. This makes a 9x13 pan or you can 1/2 it, to fit an 8x8. this recipe is from a dearly departed friend of my family, Ellie.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup oleo, softened
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, finely grated
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 16 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant lemon pudding
- 3 cups milk
- Cut margarine into flour until it forms a crumbly dough.
- Add the nuts.
- Spread into a 9x13 ungreased pan, and cook at 350°F until lightly browned (20-25 minutes).
- Cool Completely.
- In a bowl: add together 8 oz. Cool Whip with confectioners sugar, lemon peel, and cream cheese. Blend.
- Spread over cooled crust and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Mix pudding with the milk until smooth.
- Spread over the refrigerated layer of cheese mix. Refrigerate for another hour.
- Spread remaining Cool Whip on dessert and garnish with chopped nuts.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Nice lemony flavor ~ I liked the toasted walnuts in the crust, and on top, and the zest in the cream cheese layer ~ NOTE: The cool whip amount to be mixed with the cream cheese and confectioners sugar is NOT specified in the directions ~ I used 1 cup! I made this dessert with sugar-free pudding, and maybe that was the reason it was very soft when I tried to serve it, even after chilling 4 hours,. I sent six pieces home with my son for his family, and stuck my dish into the freezer for 1 1/2 hours before trying to slice it again! Tomorrow, I'll serve it as a frozen dessert. Made for Fall PAC 2011.Replies 1