Lemon Ice Cream
photo by Laka
- Ready In:
- 6hrs 40mins
- Combine the milk, sugar, and lemon zest in a saucepan. Bring the mixture just to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from the heat.
- Cover the saucepan and allow the mixture to sit for 30 minutes. Pour the mixture through a strainer into a large measuring cup.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and heavy cream. Slowly whisk the warm milk into the egg and cream mixture. Return the mixture to the saucepan.
- Cook the mixture over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens. Stir in the vanilla extract. Pour the mixture into a bowl, cover and refrigerate until cold, 4-5 hours. Stir the lemon juice and a few drops of food coloring into the ice cream mixture.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn until frozen (according to the manufacturer's instructions). Transfer to plastic container and place in the freezer for a few hours before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Food lover, wine and espresso drinker, chocolate addict. I love my family, my dog (when I have it) and my food processor. I cook every single day since I married and probably will until the day I die. I love to share my recipes that are straightforward to prepare, yet are exceptionally tasty and look so good. I hope you feel inspired by my recipes and that they find life in your kitchen!