Lemon Blueberry Pudding Pound Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
1 bundt cake
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box lemon cake mix (see note below)
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant lemon pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) can blueberries, rinsed and drained well
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- NOTE-I use Duncan Hines because they do not have pudding in the mix as do the Betty Crocker and Pillsbury brands.
- If you are using another brand, make sure it does not have pudding already in the mix or the texture may not be the same.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan (or use Baker's Joy as I do).
- In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix, pudding mix and sugar.
- Make a well in the center and add the water, oil, eggs and cream cheese.
- Beat on low speed until blended.
- Scrape bowl.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- (This will be a fairly thick batter.) Gently stir in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until top is golden brown and cake tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan 10 minutes, then turn out on wire rack and cool completely.
- GLAZE: In a small bowl, combine sugar and lemon juice to make light glaze.
- Drizzle over cooled cake.
- This is not a heavy glaze.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!