Layered Italian Casserole
- Ready In:
- 6 ounces dried rotini pasta or 6 ounces penne pasta
- 12 ounces sweet Italian sausage (casings removed) or 12 ounces ground beef
- 1 (6 ounce) can contadina italian paste with roasted garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Contadina diced tomatoes, with
- mixed Italian herbs
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cut green italian beans or (14 1/2 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons contadina seasoned Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook sausage in skillet until browned; drain off fat. Stir in tomato paste, undrained tomatoes, beans, rosemary and cooked pasta; heat through.
- 3. Spread half the mixture in 2-quart casserole. Combine ricotta, 1/2 cup mozzarella and egg; spoon over sausage mixture. Spread remaining sausage mixture on top.
- 4. Bake, covered, at 350F, 30 minutes. Combine bread crumbs and butter. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella; top with bread crumbs. Bake 5 minutes more to melt cheese. Let stand 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!