Layered Beef and Black Bean Nacho Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
You may adjust the amount of taco seasoning to taste, the jalapeno peppers are only optional, this is really good!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef (or use Italian pork sausages, casings removed)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper (seeded and finely chopped) (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (I use 1/2 package)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 4 cups coarsly crushed tortilla chips (can use more)
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided (or use Monterey Jack cheese)
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish or a 3-quart oval baking dish.
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef with onions, garlic, green bell pepper and jalapeno pepper until completely cooked; drain fat then add in taco seasoning mix (you may add in more than 2 tablespoons if desired) cook stirring for 2 minutes, then season with salt and pepper to taste, remove from heat then mix in salsa, corn and sour cream.
- Place HALF each of the ground beef mixture, black beans, 2 cups tortilla chips then 1-1/2 cups shredded cheese (or to taste).
- Repeat with remaining ground beef, beans and then 2 cups crushed tortilla chips, leave the remaining 1-1/2 cups cheese to sprinkle on top the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes or until just heated through.
- After cooking sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese on top, you can return to oven to melt if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION