Kittencal's Salmon Cakes/Patties
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 6mins
- 4 (7 ounce) cans red salmon, well drained (soft bones removed or left in, or use half red and pink salmon)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (can use 1-1/2 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce (optional but good to add in)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste, can use white salt)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed butter flavored cracker (such as Ritz crackers, more if needed)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- all-purpose flour (as needed)
- oil (for frying)
- Drain the 4 cans salmon well and place in a large bowl; flake with a fork.
- Add in all remaining ingredients except the flour and oil; mix to combine (if the mixture is very moist add in more cracker crumbs using only enough to hold together).
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 or more hours.
- Shape into desired size patties.
- Place about 1/2 cup flour into a shallow bowl or a plate.
- Carefully coat each patty in the flour, then place the coated patties onto a large plate (have all the patties coated before starting to fry).
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry the patties about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I am shocked I have not rated this yet because I have been making it for years. I hated salmon patties until this recipe. The onions are key for me. I use panko instead of flour. They are so good. We tend to eat them on buns like a sandwich and we also like them cold--I like a lot of food cold but these are excellent. Thanks Kittencal. You have so many fantastic recipes.