Kidney Beans on Rye Caraway
photo by sg2017a
- Ready In:
- 6 slices rye bread (with seeds)
- 15 ounces dark red kidney beans (1 can)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Drain the kidney beans by partially opening one side of the can and fully opening the other side. Rinse the juice out.
- Toast the bread slices.
- While the bread is still hot, hold the bread with tongs or an oven mitt while rubbing the stick of butter on the bread until the desired amount is applied.
- Place a handful of kidney beans on the bread.
- Sprinkle enough salt and pepper to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!