Johnsonville Skillet Mac & Cheese & Kielbasa
photo by Johnsonville Sausage
- Ready In:
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) package Johnsonville Polish Kielbasa Premium Cooking Sausage, cut into 1/4 -inch slices
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- toasted breadcrumb (optional)
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, brown sausage over medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, bring water to a boil.
- Add pasta, reduce heat, stir often until pasta is al dente, about 8-10 minutes. (Do not drain).
- In a small bowl, whisk cornstarch, milk and hot pepper sauce.
- Gradually add to pasta; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; add cheeses and sausage.
- Stir until blended and cheese melts.
- Sprinkle with crumbs if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Made with only premium cuts of pork and the perfect blend of spices, Johnsonville Italian Sausage is the perfect ingredient for your favorite dishes.</p> <p>This is a sponsored profile.</p>