Instant Pot Mac & Cheese
photo by LimeandSpoon
- Ready In:
- 3 1⁄4 cups milk, plus additional as necessary
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 lb about 2 1/2 cups sharp white cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1⁄2 lb about 2 1/2 cups gruyere, coarsely grated
- 1⁄2 clove grated garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, plus additional to taste and for serving
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb rotini pasta
- thinly sliced chives, for serving
- Preheat Instant Pot to saute setting. Add milk, cream cheese, and butter. Cook, whisking to incorporate, until cream cheese is melted and mixture has come to a simmer. Add cheddar, gruyere, garlic, and cayenne. Whisk until smooth and season generously with salt and pepper. Add pasta, fold to combine, and place top on Instant pot.
- Set pressure to high and cook for 6 minutes. Release pressure manually and open lid. Adjust seasoning with additional salt, pepper, and cayenne. If desired, thin with additional ¼ cup milk. Serve immediately, garnished with chopped chives and cayenne.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!