Jerk Chicken Salad-Pampered Chef
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces rotini pasta
- 3 tablespoons garlic oil, divided
- 2 limes
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons pineapple preserves
- 1 tablespoon jamaican jerk spice, rub
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cook the pasta, drain, and rinse under cold water. Toss with 2 tbsp of garlic oil and set aside.
- Into a small bowl, zest 1 lime, juice both limes, and add the mayonnaise and preserves. Mix well and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 tbsp garlic oil and the jerk rub. Add the chicken tenders, coating the tenders.
- Heat grill pan over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook for 6-10 minutes, turning once. Remove chicken from pan and add the pineapple to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes, turning once.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- In the serving bowl, toss the pasta with chicken, pineapple, bell pepper, bacon, green onions, and dressing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I enjoy cooking, especially baking. I am married, no children though I have a dog Chance, whose internal clock must be Swiss-made as he knows what time dinner should be and is quite the taskmaster if I'm not at least in the kitchen at the appointed time. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">