This recipe came from my Country Casserole's Cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb fulled cooked smoked link sausage, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb fully cooked smoked ham, diced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes with juice, cut up
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 lbs uncooked shrimp, cleaned and peeled
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- In a large Dutch oven, saute sausage and ham in butter until lightly browned, add onion, green pepper and garlic.
- Saute until vegetables are tender. Stir in tomatoes, bay leaf, thyme, cayenne pepper and chicken broth.
- Cover and bring to a slow boil, stir in rice.
- Cover and cook over low heat until rice is nearly tender, about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp and chicken. Cover and simmer until shrimp is cooked and liquid is absorbed. Do not over cook shrimp.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove bay leaf.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION