Jalapeno Popper Chicken
photo by mommyluvs2cook
- Ready In:
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely diced (or more!)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, combine the bread crumbs and oil. Stirring often, toast until crispy and golden brown. Transfer bread crumbs to a small bowl and mix in the taco seasoning.
- Beat eggs in a shallow bowl or rimmed plate.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese and diced jalapenos.
- Using a small, sharp knife, either cut a pocket in each breast or butterfly them. If they're especially thick, I like to pound them a couple times with the flat side of a meat mallet to thin them out some first - too thick and it takes so long to cook through that the bread crumbs burn.
- Season the chicken lightly with salt and pepper. Divide the cheese filling evenly between the chicken breasts; close with toothpicks if you like.
- Dip the chicken in the beaten egg and then the bread crumb mixture, coating each piece completely. You can put them straight into the baking pan, or put a rack in the bottom of the pan first so the bottoms won't get soggy. Bake in a preheated oven 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was deeelicious! Some of the best chicken I have made in a while for sure! I ended up pounding my chicken breast out, adding filling to half of the chicken, and folding the other half over as best as I could. I didn't even use toothpicks and not even the tiniest drop of filling dripped out. YUUUMM!!!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook, but hate to measure ... so I pretty much guess at everything :) </p> 114807933"