Jalapeno Corn Pudding
This is a wonderful combination of the Old West and the Deep South- a side dish with some kick! Originally from the R.S.V.P. section of a December 1989 issue of Bon Apetit. It's a recipe requested from the Old Pineville Depot Restaurant in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamed corn
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup butter, melted (2 sticks)
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded, deveined and diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Combine first seven ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Turn half of batter into pan: cover evenly with half of cheese, then peppers, then remaining cheese.
- Top with remaining batter.
- Bake 60 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes, cut into squares and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe was originally given to me by a friend about 15 years ago. I lost the recipe but I'm an gloriously happy that I've found it as for the past 15 years this dish has become one of our family's tradition for Thanksgiving Day dinner. I'd be lost without it and I found it just in time! Thank you Recipe Zaar. This is an absolute wonderful dish and I receive rave reviews at every potluck I've ever taken it to. O'LindaReply