Italian-Style Turkey Meatloaf (Scd)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves finely minced garlic (or add 1 tsp. garlic powder with the salt, pepper, and basil)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 3 lbs ground turkey
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, grated (or provolone)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes, pureed (sugar-free)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato paste (sugar-free)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Thaw spinach. Chop onion and mince garlic.
- Cook onion and garlic in oil until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Whisk eggs with yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and basil.
- Add spinach, onion and garlic, turkey, and cheese, and mix well.
- Turn mixture out onto baking pan and form it into a 9x5 inch loaf.
- Brush with tomato sauce and bake approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until 180 degrees in the center.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!