Irresistible Lower Fat Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
I'm always looking for ways to make recipes a little more diet friendly. As a lover of chocolate chip cookies, I'm pretty picky about the texture and flavor of lower fat versions. After about 5 years of tweaking, here's a version that is healthier and delicious!
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup light land o lakes butter (or equivalent)
- 1⁄4 cup salted butter
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package chocolate pudding
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together softened butter, light butter, applesauce brown sugar, white sugar, & Splenda. After creamed together, add 2 room temperature eggs (I put my eggs in a cup of hot water for a couple of minutes to speed things up.) and mix. Add in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, pudding, & salt and combine these ingredients.
- Then take the dry ingredients and add to the wet ingredients a little at a time. When incorporated, you can add the mini morsels.
- Spoon onto a greased cookie sheet and bake for appx. 10 minutes. Pull them from the oven BEFORE they look done. As they cool they will firm up and you will have a very chewy and chocolaty lower fat cookie!