Iced Caramel Coffee
photo by Wildflour
- Ready In:
- While the coffee is still hot, pour it into your measuring cup and add the caramel sauce (Hint, you needn’t actually measure the sauce in a separate cup if you’re using a 2-cup measure for the coffee. Just pour in the sauce until the coffee rises to the 1 3/4 cup mark0.
- Add the sugar, too, then stir until both the sugar and caramel sauce have dissolved. Transfer to the refrigerator and chill until cold (You can hasten the process by using the freezer, but don’t let it freeze.).
- When you’re ready to serve, divide the coffee between 2 tall chilled glasses filled with coffee ice cubes.
- Add milk or half-and-half to each glass, to taste.
- Top with whipped cream, if desired, then garnish with cinnamon if you’re using it. Finally, drizzle a little additional caramel sauce over the top as well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Annacia, I have made dozens of iced coffee recipes over the years, and all are good, but I think this one is my absolute favorite. This recipe definitely deserves more than 5 STARS. Thank heavens I doubled the coffee recipe, so I can enjoy it a few more times. And when I made the coffee, I used Folger's Gourmet Selections Lively Columbian "Medium Roast". The caramel topping I used was Smuckers, and I added a 3/4 cup. I also added 6 tablespoons of the sugar. After doubling the recipe, (the coffee, caramel sauce, and sugar) I found it made exactly 4 cups. And when I mixed the drink, I used about 1 cup of the coffee/caramel/sugar mixture, and about 1 cup of the half and half. I especially loved the taste of this coffee, when topped with Cool Whip, cinnamon, and the caramel sauce. The taste of this iced coffee is undescribable! "THANK-YOU" Annacia for sharing this recipe. It's one recipe I highly recommend to all coffee lovers out there!!
I had planned on having this tomorrow...but I just couldn't wait!!! And so glad I went ahead and indulged!! It was woooooonderful!!!! Thank you so very much!!! Just made my day!!! :) Made for the Comfort Cafe!! :) (Oh, forgot to add, I didn't add any sugar...I added a bit more caramel sauce, heehee!) ;)
This iced coffee is absolutely DELISH! I used Starbucks espresso blend coffee and fat free half & half. I omitted the whipped cream and just used regular ice cubes. I loved the little sprinkle of cinnamon and the flavor it gave the coffee. This tastes very close to a Starbucks Caramel Macchiato with an addition of cinnamon. I keep taking sips as I write this. :) I am going to make a bigger batch of this to take to the classroom with me as I just started teaching... this will definitely be a great pick me up! Thank you so much for sharing.