Iced Vanilla Coffee
You can easily double or triple this recipe, it keeps well in the fridge.
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon left over coffee (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk (low fat or other)
- chocolate shavings (optional)
- Put the first 5 ingredients into a blender.
- Pulse blend until the ingredients are smooth and frothy.
- Add the cold milk and pulse blend until all the ingredients are blended well.
- Pour of a few cubes of ice, add the chocolate and voula!
- Sometimes I add the ice to the blender after the first five ingredients have been blended and crush the ice and then add the milk and mix.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very good recipe! I like my iced coffee on the sweet side so I added about 2 tablespoons of sugar (did not have any leftover coffee or the chocolate shavings so I skipped those ingredients). I didn't want to crack out the blender so I just got a mason jar (I'm sure you could use any sealable container) and put in the first 5 ingredients like the recipe advises, closed up the jar, then shook it all up. After that I opened my jar and added the milk and shook it all up again, took the lid off the jar and added some ice cubes.
I have made this numerous times. Once making as written, (but w/o the chocolate shavings) and several times adding all the ingredients, (including 12-13 mini ice cubes) all at once into the blender and blending it on high for a bit more than 75 seconds. I have also made this various times, adding anywhere from 2-3 tablesp of sugar. I feel it is a must to add the sugar, so the coffee doesn't over power the taste of this beverage. For those who want just a slight sweet tasting beverage, add 2 tablesp of sugar. For those who have a sweet tooth, add 3 tablesp of sugar. For me, I liked this made adding 2-1/2 tablesp of sugar. One other thing I wanted to mention, I have also made this adding about 17 small (mini) ice cubes, and adding 1 tablespoon of the instant coffee, plus 3 tablespoons of sugar. This made about 24 ounces (3 cups), and that really tasted good. Thank you Nye for posting this delectable tasting beverage. This iced coffee is definitely a keeper!