Hungarian Style Potatoes & Green Beans
photo by Mama_Jennie
- Ready In:
- 1 cup red potatoes, halved and sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 teaspoon sun-dried tomato, rehydrated and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Butter Buds (or other butter flavoured granules)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- Add a bit of water to a microwavable bowl with a steamer basket.
- Place potatoes and beans in the steamer basket.
- Cover and microwave for 3 minutes on High.
- Allow to stand for 2 minutes.
- Add the onion and microwave for another minute.
- Allow to stand for 1 minute.
- Place cooked veggies in a bowl (discard the water).
- Add the tomato, parsley, olive oil, butter buds and paprika.
- Toss well to combine all ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These were a wonderful change from the same ole green beans. I'm trying to wean my husband off of canned green beans and this fit the bill! They were a little savory and a little sweet. I must admit... I don't own a microwave, so I just sautÃ¨d everything. The onions are delicious carmelized and the potatoes were browned. Very yummy! Thanks for the great side dish recipe!!