Hot Fudge Sauce
photo by Tinkerbell
- Ready In:
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (I used my Homemade Vanilla)
- 1⁄2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder (can use all powdered sugar)
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 6 ounces evaporated milk
- Chop the chocolate into smaller pieces than the squares they come in, and put into a medium sauce pan over low heat.
- Slice the butter into 1/4 inch slices and add it to the chocolate.
- Melt both over low heat, whisking occasionally, until smooth. Add vanilla and cocoa.
- Whisk in the powdered sugar and the evaporated milk, alternately.
- Turn heat to medium and bring to a simmer, whisking constantly.
- Reduce heat to low or medium low to keep it at a very gentle simmer, and whisk constantly until the sauce is thickened. Approximately 10 minutes.
- Serve hot or room temperature.
- Store in pint jar, or other container with a tight-sealing lid.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!