Hot Cocoa Cake Balls
photo by NancyB
- Ready In:
- 15hrs 25mins
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 3 (1 ounce) packages hot cocoa mix
- 1 (16 ounce) container vanilla frosting
- 1 (16 ounce) package white candy coating
- * Make cake mix ACCORDING TO DIRECTIONS ON box. Add in 2 packages of hot cocoa powder to the batter. Bake according to directions on box.
- * Allow cake to cool completely.
- * Crumble cake into large bowl. Make sure it is finely crumbled with no big pieces. Add vanilla frosting. You don't have to add the whole tub - I use about 2/3. Just enough to make the cake stick together.
- * Shape cake into balls. Don't make them too big. Once shaped, put into the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- * Melt candy coating according to directions.
- * Drop cake ball into the candy coating and gently toss with a fork to completely cover. Place ball on wax paper. If you have a fork mark, just dab some candy coating on to cover.
- * Dip 2-3 balls and then sprinkle with hot cocoa mix while still wet. Repeat until all balls are covered.
- * Allow to set until completely dried.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!