photo by Rinad84
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 2 (16 ounce) cream cheese (melted)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 bar butter
- 3 tablespoons milk (or a spoon more to make it creamier)
- chopped almonds
- sprinkled sugar
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes.
- When cake is done, wait about 20 min then crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the melted cream cheese until well blended.
- In a sauce pan put the butter and milk then add the chocolate chips. stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Use a spoon to scoop and form balls of the chocolate cake mixture.
- Dip the balls in chocolate frosting using a toothpick or fork to hold them.
- Place into wax paper.
- Sprinkle almonds and sugar for decoration.
- Keep refrigerated for 30 min before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My daughter turned 4 yesterday and I decorated a cake for her and had so many cake scraps that I felt I had to do something with them. I used my own custard butter cake recipe and followed the rest 100%. What a wonderful recipe - very rich though. No-one could eat more than two. Thanks for posting Rinad84 I will be sure to use this recipe again.