Hot Bananas in Coconut Milk
- Ready In:
- 2 bananas, large, very firm
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar (or other sweetener of your choice)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Peel the bananas and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium saucepan, bring the coconut milk to a boil. Add the sugar and cinnamon, stirring to dissolve.
- Add the bananas.
- Bring back to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 2 - 4 minutes, until the bananas are tender but not mushy.
- Serve hot, sprinkling extra cinnamon on top if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very good! I knew there had to be something you could do with a banana other than peel and eat. :-) -- We did blend it in a Ninja once cooked. I also used brown sugar instead of white sugar. We doubled the amount of sugar. (Bit of a sweet tooth here) -- As an after thought and half way through my cup, I added shredded coconut. My thoughts....shredded coconut would make a great garnish. -- Thinking ahead...after blending with the shredded coconut, it firms up will. Let cool and drizzle chocolate over them. Yum! Can't wait to try that one. :-)