Honey Hoisin Glazed Wings
- Ready In:
- 12 chicken wings, wing tips removed, split at the joint
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons black and white sesame seeds, for serving
- Arrange an oven rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat the broiler.
- Toss the chicken with the vegetable and sesame oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Arrange the chicken on a wire rack set over a rimmed baking sheet. Broil the chicken, turning after 10 minutes, until the chicken is golden brown, crisp and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the vinegar and crushed red pepper in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the honey, hoisin and soy sauce. Pour into an extra-large bowl.
- Add the chicken to the bowl and toss with the honey glaze. Transfer the chicken to a platter and garnish with the scallions and sesame seeds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!