Homestyle Green Beans
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I used to not eat green beans until I tasted these. They are even better the next day, if there are any left over. Hope you enjoy them!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 (1 lb) bag frozen green beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 slices bacon, halved
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Separate bacon and brown in the bottom of a large saucepan.
- Add onion, garlic, and butter. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion just starts to turn translucent.
- Add green beans.
- Add chicken broth.
- Cover and simmer at least 45-60 minutes until tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and Tabasco if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Made for Thanksgiving 2009. I found out while preparing this recipe that it's essentially the same way that my mother-in-law does her green beans. It's a good, low maintenance recipe that has a good flavor. There were barely any leftovers to enjoy the next day. I can see myself preparing this recipe as an everyday side as well as for holidays. Thanks for posting!!!!1Reply
see 2 more