Herbed Cheese Polenta
photo by Bev I Am
- Ready In:
- 9 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups yellow cornmeal or 2 1/2 cups polenta
- 1 1⁄2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter (cut into pieces)
- 1⁄3 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Bring water to a boil in a large, heavy pot.
- Add the salt.
- Gradually whisk in the cornmeal.
- reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring often, until the mixture thickens and the cornmeal is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the cheese, milk butter, herbs and pepper.
- Stir until the butter and cheese melt.
- Transfer the polenta to a bowl and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've never made polenta b4, so I'm not sure what the consistency should be. Is it like porridge? That's how mine turned out. I think I used a bit too much seasoning bcz I had to use dried. I think 1/2 tsp of each would be enough next time. I love the creaminess and taste though! I was just expecting something more like cornbread, LOL! I did halve the recipe and used margarine and skim milk. Thanks HeidiSue.