Swordfish Spiedini - Giada De Laurentiis
This is another wonderful recipe from Giada De Laurentiis's Family Dinners cookbook. It is so simple and tastes great. You can substitute halibut for the swordfish and bacon for the pancetta. We serve it with grilled veggies.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon herbes de provence (in the spice section of the grocery store)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs swordfish steaks, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 slices pancetta, thin slices
- 6 skewers (metal or wooden, but soak the wooden for 30 minutes in water)
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for medium-high heat or preheat a ridged grill pan over medium-high heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk the oil, herbes de province, salt and pepper to blend.
- Add the swordfish cubes and toss to coat.
- Thread the swordfish cubes alternately with 1 slice of pancetta onto each of the skewers, wrapping the pancetta around the fish cubes as you go.
- Grill the skewers until the swordfish is just opaque in the center and the pancetta is crisp, about 8 minutes, turning and brushing often with the remaining marinade.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I tried this recipe yesterday and it was great. I cut the swordfish into 1 inch cubes and laced them with pancetta. I served it with rice mixed with peas, fresh parsley and lemon zest and paired it with pino grigio. What a great quick dinner, will definately make it again. 2 things I would do differently is to marinate overnight and keep a close eye so it doesn't overcook. I might also try the marinade on mahi mahi. I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks for a great recipe.
as long as you don't overcook the fish, this is a wonderful recipe. we had friends over and grilled these outside on a warm, summer night. i love easy recipes and this one takes the cake! it looks and tastes so elegant (you really need to use herbes de provence for this!) and everybody was pleased. we served this with a caprese salad, a cooled dry chardonnay, and a fruity dessert. THANK YOU! i love giada :)
Wow...this was incredible. I never had swordfish before this recipe so I have nothing to compare this to, but my husband has and thought this was off the charts excellent! I used prosciutto instead of pancetta and followed everything else as stated. WONDERFUL! We loved this and will definitely have again!