Helene D'esterhazy's Baked Vidalia Onions
This is a recipe given to me by my mom, Helene d'Esterhazy. She included it in a Cookbook she created for me.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice off the bottom and top of the onion, but do not peel.
- Place in an oiled baking pan and brush them with oil.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- Cover with parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the paper and sprinkle each onion with balsamic vinegar.
- Return to the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Remove the outer peel of the onion and serve hot.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Ohh my goodness, loved these! I misread the directions and cut the onions in half.... oops Ahh well didnt matter just cut the cooking time down a little and continued on. These little beauties still turned out a treat, such wondeful flavours from the balsamic vinegar... so delcious and so very easy! I served with a roast and the family thoroughly enjoyed these Tracey Mae. Thanks You so much for posting, my onions will be made this way from now on! Thanks again.