Hand Held Caesar Salad
- Ready In:
- To make croutons: Cut off crust from French bread.
- Slice lengthwise into 1 cm thick slices.
- Rub slices on both sides with garlic clove and brush with olive oil.
- Cut slices into long strips and place on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 15 minutes or until croutons are dry and crisp.
- Cool and place on a serving dish.
- Wash lettuce, removing any wilted or tough parts of leaves.
- Place whole leaves on a platter.
- Crumble pancetta or bacon into a small serving bowl.
- Place grated cheese in another small serving bowl.
- Pour dressing into a squeeze bottle (if using a homemade version).
- To serve the salad, hold one lettuce leaf in your hand.
- Layer lettuce with a crouton, crumbled pancetta, cheese and dressing.
- Wrap up sides of the lettuce leaf and eat!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My secret indulgence? Grocery Shopping. I can literally spend hours roaming up and down the aisles of a Supermarket. Sound crazy? Not if you're a self described "Foodie" like me. I am fortunate enough to live in the city of Vancouver, British Columbia. The food community here is very rich in diversity, which has allowed me to sample tasty treats from all over the planet right here at home. Aside from the Supermarket, there are tons of smaller Ethnic Grocery Stores, Butcher shops and Bakeries here in the city. Vancouver is also home to the Granville Island Public Market - a food lovers haven! Imagine over 100 fresh produce, local seafood, speciatly meat and gourmet shops all in the same building... no wonder I love cooking so much! <a href="http://www.stickergiant.com/cooking-with-wine_y8565.html"> <img src="http://www.stickergiant.com/Merchant2/imgs/250/y8565.gif" width="300"height="250"border="0" alt="Cooking With Wine"></a>