MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
The bacon & sour cream give this a great flavor!
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 slices bacon, diced (Mesquite smoked works best)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- Melt 1-2 T. Butter Flavor CRISCO in a large frypan.
- Brown together the ground beef, bacon & onion until all pink is gone & onion is tender.
- Drain off any excess fat.
- Stir in the soup & seasonings.
- Cook uncovered over med.-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the sour cream & heat thoroughly, but do NOT boil.
- Serve over rice or buttered noodles.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I don't normally cook w/Crisco, as it is pretty much made up of trans fat. I tried it with this recipe just to see if there was a taste difference. There definitely was, and I didn't care for it. I'm going to try omitting it next time, just to be sure that it was the crisco that gave it a less than desirable flavor.Reply