photo by breezermom
- Ready In:
- 8 pita bread
- 1 lb cooked lamb (Greek Lamb Rotisserie/Grill Methods is great for this)
- 2 cups tzatziki (Cucumber Sauce Tzatziki Cucumber Dipping Sauce)
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 tomatoes, sliced thin
- 8 leaves spinach (or any lettuce will do)
- Warm pita`s in a 325 degree oven wraped in foil for 5 minutes.
- Distribute all the ingredients on the pita`s folding in 1/2.
- Lay on a wax paper and bundle up leaving the end open. This will keep your gyro from dripping all the goodness on you.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I bought my lamb at Four Winds International Market, and then just heated it in the skillet. Made my own tzatsiki sauce, used regular lettuce, and topped with red onions and tomatoes. Served on fabulous homemade pita bread.....wonderful!! I'll have to try it with spinach....just have always used a crisper green with my gyros. Thanks for sharing!
Yum, I love Gyros. When I go to Chicago this is all I ever want to eat while we are there. I used leftover meat from Recipe #107045 with Recipe #83189 talk about a delicious meal! I'll gladly make this again. I made this for *Zaar World Tour 4 game* 2008 for the Greece region. I'm playing on the team *Tastebud Tickling Travelers* Got to love ZWT4! Thank you for posting.
I bought my lamb from a local meat markey. I also used a special pita bread that wasn't a pocket bread, which made it easier to fold without tearing. My husband asked for me to pan fry the onions, so I did that first and then added the meat in the leftover onion flavored oil. I LOVE gyros, and this recipe was simple and yummy!