- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground lamb (I frequently grind the lamb in my food processor or meat grinder and sometimes add beef)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine ingredients in a bowl, and shape into 1/2 inch thick patties.
- Broil 8-10 minutes until no longer pink.
- Slice thinly and serve with pita bread, sliced tomatoes, thinly sliced onion, cucumber yogurt sauce.
Join The Conversation
I made this 2 ways- one with chicken and one with lamb. Although they are equally delicious, I think I will only make the chicken next time. A) It is cheaper and B) I will only have to prep/cook it once, since the Hubby and I both eat chicken. The Lamb has a stronger flavor overall, so the seasoning is not as strong in it. The 1 1/2 tsp of oregano in the chicken turns out very strong, which I liked. I formed 1 lb of meat into 4 burgers and cooked them in the cast iron skillet on the stovetop, and then I sliced it into thin strips. In the summer, I might grill these outside! Thanks for the great recipe; I will definitely be making this again and again!