Grilled Corn With Chili Lime Butter
Chili lime butter adds a delicious finishing touch to grilled corn on the cob. Perfect to accompany any barbecue gathering, large or small. The butter can be flavored one day ahead and then brought to room temperature before serving.
- Ready In:
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon jalapeno, minced (or to taste)
- 6 ears corn, in the husks
- Place the butter in a small bowl, add the chili powder, lime peel, lime juice, jalapeño and salt and mix well.
- Shape the butter into any form you like, cover and place in the refrigerator until shortly before ready to serve, at which time allow butter to soften.
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Place corn (in husk) on the grill, rotating the corn so you cook on all sides, for approximately 15 minutes total.
- Remove from grill and cool slightly (so you are able to peel the husk) and peel. Place corn back on grill over the same flame for about 4 minutes, once again rotating the corn for even grill marks.
- Serve the corn immediately with the chili lime butter.
- Cooking option: Place the corn (in the husk) on a plate and microwave for 5 minutes (21/2 minutes per side); when ready to grill, remove the husks and grill over a medium-high flame for about 2 minutes per side.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 37 more