Green Chile Stew (Diabetic-Friendly)
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 30mins
- 6 ounces lean pork roast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil (I use safflower)
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth (I use low-fat)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 (4 ounce) cans whole green chilies, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can hominy, drained
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- Combine flour with salt and pepper.
- Lightly dust cubed pork with flour.
- Brown pork in hot oil over medium-high heat until browned.
- Add chicken broth, onion, green chiles, Rotel tomatoes, hominy, oats & garlic.
- Salt & pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 3 to 4 hours. I usually cover the soup until the last hour, then remove the lid so the soup will cook down a little.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a full-time housewife and mom, although I now have an empty nest. I love music, and I love to cook and read. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">