Green Chile Pork Chops
photo by Caroline Cooks
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 pork loin chops
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 3 (4 ounce) cans diced mild green chilies
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- red chili pepper flakes, to taste
- Pour oil in a large saute pan with a lid.
- Heat over medium high until hot.
- Add pork chops, onions, garlic and oregano.
- Saute for 5 minutes or until the onions are translucent and the pork chops are browned.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until pork chops are tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was really delicious. Just the right amount of spice. The loin chops were tender and juicy and the sauce just complemented the entire entree. I will make this again. I made it with Nikki Kate's Recipe #218360 which was a match made in heaven. Thank you for sharing another *keeper* I love your recipes!!! Haven't tagged a bad one yet. ~V
This is a tasty little dinner entree, ENGROSSED! At first bite, I thought--didn't add enough red pepper flakes; but with the second bite and aftertaste...OH YES, I DID. Not too hot, just right to know it's spicy. The oregano adds nice flavor. Pork chops were so tender. This is reaaaaally good. Thx for posting.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm not as active here anymore, but you can find me playing at the new recipezazz.com. I'm not a great photographer, but I love to take food photos with Freddy Cat to bring a smile to people's day. I love to cook and share good food with other people. I have a very large collection of cookbooks. I used to enjoy being able to look up recipes on Zaar by ingredients I had on hand. I miss the Zaar tag game community. Everyone was so nice, and it was super fun. Ah, the good ol' days.