Easy Chile Verde (Green Chile Pork Stew)
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 15mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless pork shoulder, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 2 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced (or use 7-oz. can, to taste)
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or 1 cup corn kernel, frozen
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin or 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 (18 ounce) jar salsa verde
- hot cooked rice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- In a 3-1/2 quart crockpot, combine the pork, potatoes, onions, green chiles, and corn kernels.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, cumin or chili powder, oregano and salsa verde. Mix well to combine and pour over contents of crockpot. Mix entire contents by stirring gently.
- Cover crockpot and cook until tender on LO heat for 6-8 hours. Or cook on HI heat for 4-5 hours.
- Serve stew over hot cooked rice and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is delicious. It certainly got rave reviews from everyone. I used 2 thick, bone in chops which I cooked in the slow cooker until tender. The meat was removed from the bone and cut into cubes. Potatoes and fresh off the cob corn kernels were added along with about 2 cups of stock. The salsa did not yield enough cooking liquid. The finished stew was served over rice as suggested with warmed corn tortillas on the side.