Green Beans with Peanut
photo by Kathy228
- Ready In:
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Add the green beans and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse briefly under cold running water.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine the peanut butter, brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, and ginger.
- Process until smooth.
- With the machine on, add the hot water and mix until blended.
- Transfer the beans to a serving dish.
- Pour the sauce over the beans and serve.
- If you prefer the dish hotter, reheat in a microwave oven on High for 50 to 60 seconds, rotating the dish once.
- (If you do this, be sure the serving dish is microwave-safe glass or ceramic).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I subbed 3 cans of green beans since I didn't have fresh on hand but wanted to try this recipe any way - kept everything else the same (except I didn't boil the beans of course). I don't think that was a good idea! The sauce was a lot thicker than what's shown in Kathy228's picture, the flavor was only 'okay', but I bet it's a lot better with fresh green beans. Thank you.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My husband and I moved to Las Vegas after retirement in 2000. We lived in South Bend, IN for about 26 years. We both like to travel and we have taken up RV camping and enjoy it a lot. Most of our camping is done in Nevada Utah Arizona and So. California. During the summers our (almost) 9 year old Granddaughter will go with us sometimes. Our Daughter, Son-in-law, and Granddaughter have lived in Las Vegas since January 2001.