Green Beans, Toasted Pecans, and Blue Cheese
photo by KerfuffleUponWincle
- Ready In:
- In a large bowl whisk together mustard, vinegar, shallot, and 1/2 tablespoon oil to make dressing.
- In a small heavy skillet heat remaining 1/2 tablespoon oil over moderately high heat until hot but not smoking and saute pecans with salt to taste, stirring frequently, until a shade darker, about 1 minute.
- Transfer nuts to paper towels to drain and cool.
- Coarsely chop nuts.
- Have ready a bowl of ice and cold water.
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water blanch beans until just tender, about 3 minutes, and drain in a colander.
- Transfer beans to ice water, stirring until just cool.
- Drain beans well and add to dressing.
- Crumble blue cheese over beans and gently toss with half of nuts and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve beans at room temperature topped with remaining nuts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!